This No Bake Cherry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust recipe is one of my favorite pie recipes ever!
My mother-in-law first introduced me this no-bake cherry pie recipe. I'm actually not a huge fan of traditional pie. Yes, I'll eat a piece of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Day. However, I prefer pies with graham cracker crusts such as this No Bake Cherry Pie or Key Lime Pie.
The No Bake Cherry Pie can be assembled in about 5-10 minutes. It is a perfect pie for holidays. The bright red cherries make me think of the Christmas season, but it could just as easily be served for Thanksgiving, Easter, the Fourth of July, PI Day (March 14th), or simply serve this no bake cherry pie at a summer barbecue.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This no bake cherry pie recipe is easy to assemble. All you have to do is mix together a few ingredients, pour into the pre-made graham cracker crust, and chill in the refrigerator.
- The addition of whipped topping to the filling (such as Cool Whip) creates an extra fluffy no bake cherry pie.
- The pie is topped with bright red cherry filling, which makes this pie just as beautiful as it is tasty.
- The no bake cherry pie with graham cracker crust is a perfect pie to serve on holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, PI Day, or any other holiday.
- Cherry pie filling
- Pre-made graham cracker crust
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Whipped topping
Cherry pie filling: This no bake cherry pie recipe calls for a can of pre-made cherry pie filling. You could also make your cherry pie filling from scratch. You can also try this recipe with other types of fruit fillings.
Pre-made graham cracker crust: You could use a pre-made graham cracker crust from the store or you could make your own graham cracker crust from scratch.
Cream cheese: Soften the cream cheese at room temperature before use. Use full-fat cream cheese. Low-fat cream cheese will not allow the filling to set properly.
Powdered sugar: The powdered sugar will sweeten the cream cheese filling.
Lemon juice: The addition of lemon juice seems out-of-place, but the citrus juice adds acidity to the filling and helps balance the sweetness.
Vanilla and Almond Extract: The vanilla and almond extract add additional flavor to the filling.
Whipped topping: You can use a whipped topping brand such as Cool Whip. The whipped topping helps make the filling extra light and fluffy.
How to Make No Bake Cherry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust: Step by Step Instructions
Follow these easy steps to make No Bake Cherry Pie:
Step 1: In a large bowl, use a hand-mixer or stand-mixer to combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Beat until the cream cheese mixture is creamy.
Step 2: Fold in the whipped topping.
Step 3: Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for at least four hours.
Step 4: Top the creamy cheesecake filling with the can of cherry pie filling when ready to serve.
No Bake Cherry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla exctract
- 2 cups whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 teaspoon almond exctract
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, use a hand-mixer or stand-mixer to combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Beat until the cream cheese mixture is creamy.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Top the creamy cheesecake filling with the can of cherry pie filling when ready to serve.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- You can decrease the amount of time it takes for the pie filling to firm up by placing the graham cracker crust with the cream cheese filling in the freezer instead of the refrigerator. The filling should be set within in an hour or two instead.
Storage & Reheating:
- Storage: Store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Freezing: This no bake cherry pie is a great pie to freeze. Simply wrap the graham cracker crust with the filling in plastic wrap. Store in the freezer until you are ready to serve. Let the no bake cherry pie defrost for a few hours before topping it with the cherry pie filling before serving.
Additions and Substitutions
Pie Filling: If you want to try something different, try using a different fruit filling instead of cherry pie filling. Some great options are strawberry, blueberry, or raspberry.
Vanilla & Almond Extract: The vanilla and almond extract add additional flavor to the no bake cherry pie, but you could also leave these extracts out.