This easy TikTok Chicken Cobbler recipe uses a box Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix to create a tasty and easy family dinner that resembles chicken pot pie.
What is TikTok Chicken Cobbler?
Chicken Cobbler is a simple casserole recipe that has gone viral on TikTok recently. It is an easy-to-make comfort food that is similar to both chicken pot pie and chicken and dumplings.
The Chicken Cobbler ingredients are layered in a casserole dish and topped with Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix to create a slightly-crunchy, cobbler-like topping. Ingredients include chicken, vegetables (such as peas and carrots), seasonings, shredded cheese (if desired), chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, milk, butter, and the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit mix.
Why you’ll love this viral recipe
- Easy to make: TikTok Chicken Cobbler is a casserole dish that is easy to make. The ingredients used are "shortcut" ingredients like frozen bagged veggies and rotisserie chicken. It requires minimal prep.
- Comfort food: This easy Chicken Cobbler recipe is the ultimate comfort food! It is similar to both chicken pot pie and chicken and dumplings.
TikTok Chicken Cobbler Ingredients
You can easily modify this viral casserole dish. To make Easy TikTok Chicken Cobbler with Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Chicken broth
- Cream of chicken soup
- Frozen vegetables
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix
Butter: The butter helps prevent the dish from sticking to the bottom of the baking pan.
Chicken: Use pre-cooked, shredded chicken. A rotisserie chicken works great in this recipe and cuts down on prep time!
Chicken broth: This adds additional flavor to the dish and provides enough liquid for the casserole dish to cook properly.
Cream of chicken soup: The cream of chicken soup adds flavor and a creaminess to the chicken cobbler.
Frozen vegetables: Use your favorite bag of frozen vegetables. Some people prefer a peas and carrots mix, or you can use a frozen bag that has peas, carrots, green beans, and corn.
Milk: It is best to use whole-milk, but any type of milk should work.
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix: This is the star of this easy chicken cobbler! Most large grocery stores carry this biscuit mix, especially during the holidays. The biscuit mix comes with its own seasoning packet so it will add even more flavor.
Seasonings: The casserole dish can be seasoned to taste.
How to Make TikTok Chicken Cobbler
Step 1: Begin by preheating the oven to 350℉. Coat 9x13 baking with the melted butter.
Step 2: Arrange the shredded cooked chicken evenly in the pan, followed by the frozen mixed vegetables. Sprinkle the seasonings on top. Add a layer of shredded cheese, if desired.
Step 3: Mix the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix and seasoning packet thoroughly with the milk. Carefully pour this mixture over the chicken and vegetables without stirring it into the other layers.
Step 4: Combine the chicken broth and cream of chicken soup using a whisk. Pour this mixture over the biscuit layer without stirring it into the other ingredients.
Step 5: Baked uncovered for 45-55 minutes. The top of the casserole should have light golden brown, cobbler-like topping. Let the casserole rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Easy TikTok Chicken Cobbler with Red Lobster Biscuit Mix
- 1 9x13 baking dish
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 3-4 cups chicken (cooked & shredded)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (if desired)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 box Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with the stick (½ cup) of melted butter.
- Add the shredded cooked chicken. Next, add the frozen mixed vegetables. Sprinkle the seasonings on top. Add a layer of shredded cheese, if desired.
- Combine the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix and seasoning packet with the milk. Pour on top of the chicken and vegetables. DO NOT mix with the other layers.
- Whisk together the chicken broth and the cream of chicken soup. Pour on top of the biscuit mixture. Once again, DO NOT mix with the other layers.
- Baked uncovered for 45-55 minutes. The top of the casserole should have light golden brown, cobbler-like topping.
- Let the casserole rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Do not mix the ingredients together! It is very important to keep the ingredients layered. It looks and feels counterintuitive to not stir the ingredients together, but the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit mix will not set up properly if it is mixed together with the other ingredients.
- A layer of shredded cheese can be added on top of the frozen vegetable layer, if desired.
- Use rotisserie chicken for minimal prep. Prepared rotisserie chicken will add additional flavor.
- If you prefer a slightly firmer, less runny chicken cobbler, try making this recipe with ½ cup less chicken broth. However, the recipe will soak up a significant amount of liquid so don't remove too much liquid from the recipe.
What should you serve with chicken cobbler?
TikTok Chicken Cobbler is a one-pot meal since it contains most of the ingredients needed for a well-rounded dinner - protein, carbs, and vegetables. However, chicken cobbler pairs well with many side dishes.
Side dish ideas for chicken cobbler include:
- Fresh salad
- Crispy parmesan roasted carrots
- Fresh fruit bowl
- Cucumber & sweet bell pepper salad
- Roasted vegetables
- Corn on the cob
- Apple sauce or baked apples
How should you store chicken cobbler?
Store any remaining chicken cobbler in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. According to the USDA, leftover casseroles that contain chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Leftover chicken casseroles can be frozen 4-6 months.