This ground turkey ramen recipe is an instant ramen noodle hack! By adding a few additional ingredients, you can turn instant ramen noodles into an inexpensive meal. You may also want to try this TikTok Ramen Noodle recipe.
Ramen noodles are one of the most affordable food items on grocery store shelves.
Do you have fond memories of growing up eating instant ramen noodles? I remember eating ramen noodles after school while watching reruns of Full House and Saved by the Bell.
Grownups and kids alike will love this simple and easy ground turkey ramen recipe.
Ramen noodle recipes are must-have options for anyone looking for a quick or inexpensive dinner option! I hope you enjoy this turkey ramen.
Ground Turkey Ramen Ingredients
This ground turkey ramen recipe requires the following ingredients:
- Ramen noodle packets. You can choose any flavor since you will discard the spice packets.
- Ground turkey. You really could use any type of ground meat such as: ground beef, ground chicken, or ground pork. You could even leave the meat out entirely if you would like a vegan Asian ramen noodle option.
- Soy sauce. I prefer to use low-sodium soy sauce since I found regular soy-sauce to be too salty for me, especially when used in large quantities.
- Brown sugar. The sugar helps balance out the salty flavor of the soy sauce.
- Peanuts. I buy unsalted dry roasted peanuts. It adds a little crunch and additional texture to the dish.
- Green onions. The green onions add another flavor dimension to the dish, plus the green color adds some visual interest.
- Hot sauce of choice. We omit hot sauce since I have young kiddos who don't like spicy foods. My husband has been known to use copious amounts of Sriracha. Aldi occasionally has a store brand Sriracha knockoff, but it is an Aldi Find, which means it isn't stocked all of the time. If you see it at your Aldi, stock up while you can.
Simple Ramen Noodles with Ground Turkey Cost Breakdown
- Ramen noodles: $0.84 total ($2.55 per box - $0.21 cents each )
- Ground turkey: $4.29 total
- Soy sauce: $0.44 total ($1.75 per bottle)
- Brown sugar: $0.20 total ($1.75 per bag)
- Dry roasted peanuts: $0.32 total ($1.89 per bottle)
- Green onions: $0.20 total ($0.79 per bunch)
- Approximate total cost: $6.29
All costs are approximate and are based upon the cost found on Instacart for Aldi products in April 2021. Pricing can be geo-specific and Instacart tends to have small variations in pricing when compared to in-store Aldi prices.
Ground Turkey Ramen
- 4 packages instant ramen noodles (discard spice packets)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2-3 green onions (sliced)
- Heat a pan on the stove on medium high heat. Cook the ground turkey until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, and water. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once the water boils, add the Ramen noodles (discard the spice packets) and cook 3 minutes. Drain all of the water.
- Combine the ground turkey, the sauce, and the cooked Ramen noodles. Toss the ingredients until the sauce evenly coats the noodles.
- Add the sliced green onions, the roasted peanuts, and your hot sauce of choice (if using).