Try this easy Oreo mug cake recipe that requires only 3 ingredients if you are looking for a single-serve dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
This is one of the best mug cake recipes I've found! In fact, Oreo Mug Cake has become a viral TikTok recipe because of how fast an easy mug cakes are to make.
This Oreo mug cake recipe is so fast to make since it requires only 3 easy-to-find ingredients. This mug cake recipe contains no eggs. You'll only need a ceramic coffee cup and a microwave to bake this mug cake. Another amazing benefit? It only takes less than a minute to bake in the microwave!
Mug cake recipes are so easy to make. Another one of my favorite mug cake recipes is 3 Ingredient Nutella Mug Cake. It's always hard to decide which mug cake recipe to make. They are both delicious.
Why you’ll love this 3 Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake
- Quick and Easy: The Oreo Mug Cake recipe is so fast to make. It requires minimal ingredients and you only need a microwave to bake this mug cake. It is a fast way to create a single-serve dessert, which is one of the reason mug cakes have gone viral on places like TikTok.
- Portion Control: The mug-sized serving is perfect for one person. It is a great way to enjoy something sweet without overeating.
- Pairs Perfectly with Ice Cream: Need I say more? A scoop of vanilla ice cream (or your favorite ice cream) will be the perfect way to take this mug cake to the next level. The cold ice cream pairs perfectly with the gooey and warm mug cake.
Oreo Mug Cake Ingredients
To make this mug cake, you only need three ingredients:
- Baking powder
Here are additional details about the three ingredients needed for this Oreo mug cake recipe:
Oreos: Who doesn't love Oreo cookies? The Oreo cookies create a perfect base and adds the chocolatey sweet flavor to this mug cake recipe. Since I'm an avid Aldi fan, I commonly use Aldi's off-brand Oreo. You could even try to use flavored Oreos for something different.
Baking powder: Baking powder lightens baked goods and helps create a softer and fluffier texture. You can technically make this mug cake without baking powder, but the texture will not be the same.
Milk: The addition of milk helps to create a moist Oreo mug cake.
What does it taste like?
An Oreo mug cake tastes like a chocolate cake with hints of Oreo flavor. It is light and fluffy, just like a regular cake. It's only rubbery if it is overcooked in the microwave. Otherwise, it tastes like a regular cake.
How to Make Oreo Mug Cake in the Microwave
Step 1: Spray the interior of a mug or coffee cup lightly with baking spray. This prevents the cake from sticking to the sides. Set the mug aside.
Step 2: Blend the Oreos in a food processor until the cookies resemble fine crumbs. Alternatively, use a fork or other method to crumble the cookies as finely as possible.
Step 3: Mix the crumbs, baking powder, and milk into the prepared mug until they are thoroughly combined.
Step 4: Microwave on high for 50 seconds. Do not overcook.
Step 5: Top the mug cake with whipped cream, ice cream, or eat it by itself.
3 Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake
- 4 oreos
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Spray the interior of a mug lightly with baking spray. This prevents the cake from sticking to the sides. Set the mug aside.
- Blend the Oreos in a food processor until the cookies resemble fine crumbs. Alternatively, use a fork or other method to crumble the cookies as finely as possible.
- Mix the crumbs, baking powder, and milk into the prepared mug until they are thoroughly combined.
- Microwave on high for 50 seconds. Do not overcook.
- Top the Oreo mug cake with whipped cream, ice cream, or eat it by itself.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- It's important to crumble the Oreos as finely as possible. The easiest way to do this is by using a food processor.
- To avoid overcooking your mug cake, start with a shorter cooking time and gradually increase if needed. Microwaves vary, and a slightly gooey center is better than a rubbery cake. Test with a toothpick – if a few moist crumbs cling, it's ready to enjoy!