Aldi fans love Aldi German food. It only makes sense that Aldi has good German food since Aldi originated in Essen, Germany. You can find German food at Aldi throughout the year, but the best time to buy German food at Aldi is during German week.
Aldi will focus their Special Finds around German themed and German made foods. Special Finds are limited time items that usually sell out quickly.
The German food items will be labeled with the brand name Deutsche Küche or Specially Selected. The German items can be found throughout the Aldi aisles or in the freezer section. However, don't forget that Aldi carries the most German themed food items twice a year during "German week."
Does Aldi's have German food?
Yes! Aldi has German food. You can find a variety of German food throughout the year. However, the best time to guy German food at Aldi is during the bi-annual Aldi German week in either May or September.
When is Aldi German week in 2023?
The official dates for Aldi German week in 2023 are 5/3/2023-5/9/2023 and 9/20/2023-9/27/2023. Aldi German week historically happens twice a year. It usually occurs at the beginning of May and at the end of September.
The first Aldi German week occurs in the spring around the beginning of May. The second Aldi German week happens just in time for Oktoberfest. Usually that means Aldi German week happens at the end of September.
When was Aldi German week in 2022?
In 2022, these were the dates of the Aldi German week:
- Aldi German Week Spring 2022: 5/4/2022
- Aldi German Week Fall 2022: 9/21/2022
What German food does Aldi sell?
During Aldi German week, Aldi sells a variety of traditional German food.
- Deutsche Küche German Style Sauerkraut
- Deutsche Küche Bavarian Soft Pretzels or Soft Pretzel Sticks
- Deutsche Küche Red Cabbage with Apples
- Deutsche Küche Pork Schnitzel
- Deutsche Küche Nuremburg Bratwurst
- Deutsche Küche Bavarian Bratwurst or Beer Bratwurst
- Deutsche Küche Cabbage Blend
- Deutsche Küche German Mustard
- Deutsche Küche German Warm Potato Salad
- Deutsche Küche Frozen Apple or Fruits of the Forest Strudels
- Deutsche Küche Cherry and Apple Frangipane Tarts
- Deutsche Küche German Cream Cakes (Chocolate, Strawberry, Black Forest)
- Deutsche Küche Apple Walnut or Bienenstich Almond Cake
- Deutsche Küche Cheese or Garlic Sage Spaetzle
- Deutsche Küche Egg Spaetzle
- Deutsche Küche Spritz Cookies
- Deutsche Küche German Lentil Vegetable or Lentil Chickpea Soup
- Deutsche Küche Raisin & Nut Müesli
- Deutsche Küche German Style Pickles
- Deutsche Küche Peanut Puffs
- Deutsche Küche Spinach & Ricotta or Artichoke & Cheese Savory Strudel
- Deutsche Küche Pickle Cheese or Mushroom Schupfnudeln
- Deutsche Küche Dark or Milk Chocolate Wafer Rolls
- Deutsche Küche Milk or Dark Chocolate Covered Wafers
- Deutsche Küche Jaffa Cakes Orange or Raspberry
- Deutsche Küche Herbs of the Alps or Hash Brown Style Potato Sticks
- Deutsche Küche Braunschweiger
- Schogetten Chocolate
Does Aldi have German sausage?
Aldi usually sells German sausage during German week. You can find Deutsche Küche Nuremburg Bratwurst in the refrigerated section. These German sausages are smaller than what you typically see in the United States. You can also find traditional Bavarian or Beer Bratwurst.
Does Aldi's carry German potato salad?
Yes, you can find Deutsche Küche German Warm Potato Salad during German week at Aldi.
Does Aldi sell German cookies?
Yes, historically Aldi sells German cookies. Aldi's German cookies are usually a seasonal item sold during the winter months, especially around the Christmas season. The German cookies are sold under the brand name Winternacht. Here are some of the Winternacht flavors from previous years:
- Almond Spekulatius - Spiced Cookies
- Spekulatius - Spiced Cookies
- Erdnussberge - peanut clusters with milk or dark chocolate
- Wafer Assortment - Chewy wafers partly coated with chocolate
- Oblatenlebkuchen - German gingerbread cookies
- Wafer & Cookie Assortment - Crispy wafers and cookies partially coated with chocolate
- Cinnamon Star Cookies - Star shaped hazelnut and almond cinnamon cookies with icing
- Edelmarzipan - milk chocolate marzipan log filled with hazelnut praline or dark chocolate marzipan log
- Milk or Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Hearts - heart shaped gingerbread with an apricot fruit filing and coated in milk or dark chocolate