Cottage cheese queso dip is a TikTok viral recipe that incorporates high-protein cottage cheese with a few additional ingredients to create a creamy, healthy, and slightly spicy imitation queso dip that is an easy high-protein snack.
This is one of the best cottage cheese dip recipes. It has become a TikTok viral recipe since it uses high-protein cottage cheese as a base to create an imitation queso dip. It is usually considered a healthy, low-calorie snack.
This cottage cheese queso dip can be served cold or hot and only uses four ingredients. You'll use a blender or food processor to create this creamy cottage cheese dip.
Cottage cheese is one of my favorite healthy ingredients to use. It has exploded in popularity recently do to its high-protein content and can be used in recipes that are sweet, salty, or savory.
Why you’ll love Cottage Cheese Queso Dip
- High-protein snack: This cottage cheese chip dip is a high-protein snack that is low in calories. It is a great way to add additional protein to your diet.
- Extra creamy: The blended cottage cheese creates an extra-creamy dip that is perfect for dipping chips, fresh vegetables, or other snacks.
- Healthier queso alternative: Cottage cheese is typically considered a healthy food since it is high in protein and low in carbs. It may also contain less fat content than regular queso.
To make cottage cheese queso dip, you only need four ingredients:
- Cottage cheese
- Diced green chiles
- Shredded cheese
Here are additional details about the four ingredients needed to make this queso dip with cottage cheese:
Cottage cheese: The cottage cheese creates the creamy, high-protein dip base. I typically opt for full-fat cottage cheese since I personally think it tastes better, but if you are trying to be conscious of your fat intake then low-fat cottage cheese could also work. I am a huge Aldi fan so I usually use Aldi's cottage cheese brand.
Diced green chiles: Canned diced green chiles add a little spice to this chip dip and are easy to find at your local grocery store. Another alternative is pico de gallo, but that can be a little harder to find.
Garlic: There's nothing like a little fresh garlic to add another flavor dimension! Garlic does have a very intense flavor so if you aren't a huge garlic fan I would leave it out or add half a garlic clove instead of a whole garlic clove.
Cheese: Most shredded cheeses could work in this recipe, but I use a Mexican cheese blend. Fresh shredded cheese usually has fewer or no additives, but if you are in a hurry, using pre-shredded cheese is an option.
What does Cottage Cheese Queso taste like?
It tastes similar to queso! It is surprisingly creamy with a slightly spicy kick even though it isn't a "real" queso dip.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Queso Dip
Step 1: Combine the cottage cheese, diced green chiles, peeled garlic clove, and shredded Mexican cheese in a food processor or blender.
Step 2: Blend the mixture until smooth, or about 30 seconds.
Step 3: Serve the cottage cheese queso with chips, fresh vegetables, or other food items of choice.
Cottage Cheese Queso Dip
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Combine the cottage cheese, diced green chiles, garlic, and shredded Mexican cheese in a food processor or blender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth, or about 30 seconds.
- Serve the cottage cheese queso with chips, fresh vegetables, or other food items of choice.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- This unique cottage cheese dip can be served hot or cold. To heat the dip, pour the blended dip into a microwavable bowl. Heat it on high in 30 second increments until warm.
- If you don't love an intense garlic flavor, start out slow with the addition of garlic. If you love garlic, add several cloves!